I settled on a hybrid method of the one posted neelix and some other ideas I had. I ended up using DAS (air dry clay) instead of filler. I also pressed the DAS into the Woodland scences moulds and then shaped them onto the face of the job. I used PVA behind all the DAS to help ensure it bondedto the surface of the job. The foil worked a charm and I found a tight squeezed ball to push the DAS into place and give a texture 1st worked better. Then a loose squeezed foild ball to give cacks and deeper texture. Also a little twist here and there to distort the suface alittle was good. I'm not sold on the strata lines yet but we'll see in the end. I've just done a sample patch so far I want to see how it looks when dry and how tough and well bonded it is before I go further.