Sunday, March 20, 2011

I've just about wrapped up the Ironclad miniature's gear I'll post up some pics tonight. I will say that the Musket Miniatures have done the best job by far with the Thatched roofs. The Ironclad gear is great but the thatched roofs let them down just enought to hold them back from being exception. I don't like how the Musket Miniatures have a base that extends out from the edge of the building, its a personal dislike. I will say that Ironclad has some really nice fence sections that look a treat and will add heaps to the village on the table they are so good I'm going to order a load more of them.
I've looked long and hard at the King and Kerr eastern front buildings and I'm going to pass on them. I just don't like the roofs on them, the shingles just look rediculiously big.
My earlier referrals to the Musket Miniatures Russian church roof was about the odd shape/angle that the roof runs out at. I thought it was a miscast and contacted them about it but it is how the mould is. I've got an image that better shows it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Musket Miniatures Smolensk Log House, thatched roof. Removeable roof and geat detail a joy to paint.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Musket Miniatures Russian barn. Slat walls, thatched roof, pig sty. Removeable roof and geat detaileven comes with a pair of pigs! still have to paint them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Musket Miniatures Russian Church. Log construction, onion dome. Removeable roof. Even with the odd roof it is hard to not love it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm very impressed with the Musket Miniatures buildings and plan to get some more.

I had a few JR miniatures solid cast log cabins. Pretty basic detail but they do add some variety.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought the Miniature Building Authority Russian Peasant Village set. It is 4 buildings that came prepainted I don't like them at all. I did repaint them to blend better, they have removeable roofs. These were a very regretable purchase.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm a big fan of the Battlefront, BB102 Battlefield in a Box - Eastern Front pre painted and with removeable roofs. I added a black wash to the roofs and added some colour to the door and window frames to lift them. But a nice item out of the box.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hovell ACW barn, adds some flavour. Roof is not removeable but it is hollow. Nothing special.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment